The “Snow groomer” ride in Tyrol:
A long-awaited childhood dream could come true.
Looking for something a bit different? Snow groomer rides are available three times a week and allow you to experience first hand how we transform worn pistes back into white carpets. The snow groomer ride at Hochzeiger in Tyrol starts when the last winter sport enthusiasts make their way home. Six piste bashers flatten over 40 kilometres of piste in the ski resort from 4.30 pm until late in the evening every day.
You are encouraged to ask questions regarding snow management and the challenges of driving a piste basher with a cable winch at any time during the tour. There’s a lot to be discovered. A snow groomer weighs 12 tonnes, is four metres wide and has almost 500 horse power! You will discover all of this and more, plus just how much fun this work is for the drivers, from your unique vantage point, the passenger seat of a piste basher.
Book this very special ride between December and April.
- The snow groomer ride takes place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays by advance booking.
- The ride itself begins at 4.30 pm at Hochzeiger intermediate station.
- This piste basher tour takes approximately 30 minutes and returns to the intermediate station at 5 pm.
- There is no need to wear ski equipment and the ride costs 51 Euros per adult and 31 Euros for children.
- These tickets include a return journey on the gondola before and after the ride.
For inquiries regarding free snow groomer ride dates at Hochzeiger please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings for the winter 2018/19 are possible from October 2018.