Alpine feelings of happiness, summit victories, the scent of pine, fun, action and relaxation ... a summer like the old days.
So that we can experience this together and safely in the summer season 2021, we have worked out comprehensive measures regarding Covid-19 in cooperation with the Pitztal mountain railways. The protection and safety of our guests and employees is our top priority.
In general, we require that safety distances are maintained and that mouth/nose protection is worn where it is difficult to keep a distance. In addition, there are further measures such as additional personnel or "gondola butlers" at the access and exit areas of the lifts, personal guidance systems and regular surface disinfection.
Currently the following protective measures will apply in Austria
Accommodation facilities may currently only be used for professional purposes. Planned opening of accommodations: from 19 May 2021
Catering establishments may offer food for collection from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., direct consumption in the catering establishment is not permitted. The delivery of food is possible around the clock. Planned opening of gastronomy businesses: from 19 May 2021
The basic requirement for access will be proof of being vaccinated, tested or recovered. Controlled self-tests will also be allowed as entry tests.
From 19 May 2021, the current quarantine regulations will be dropped. Persons who have been tested, vaccinated or have recovered may then enter Austria without quarantine (except for entrants from high-risk countries with a high incidence). For your return, please observe the entry regulations of your respective country of origin!
Covid-19 Dashboard of Tyrol
Active cases in Pitztal: 35
Last update: 07.05.2021, 8:30, go to the dashboard of Tyrol
Pitztal Mountain Railways
- Wearing a FFP2 mask is mandatory within all facilities, when queuing at the lift ticket office, when queuing at the cable car facilities, as well as in all restaurant areas (except at the seat/ table).
- Specially trained staff members pay attention to the flow of visitors in the entrance and exit areas of the cable cars and point out the observance of the distance rules.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of the surfaces of the mountain railway equipment is carried out.
- The body temperature of all employees is measured daily before starting work.
All further measures that come into effect at the mountain railways can be found here:
For easy contact tracing all guests & businesses in Pitztal can use the digital guestbook of MTMS free of charge.
All companies in Pitztal adhere to the legally prescribed hygiene measures:
- The employees wear obligatory a FFP2 mask.
- For guests it is likewise obligating when entering generally accessible internal areas (Buffet, stairway etc.) to wear a FFP2 mask.
- Please keep a minimum distance to your fellow vacationers - except to persons from the common household or fellow travelers from the common accommodation unit.
- Disinfection facilities are available in the establishments.
- In the wellness areas we pay attention to a maximum number of guests.
Please contact your accommodation provider directly for information on further specific measures.
- Wash your hands frequently. Use soap and water or an alcohol-based hand disinfectant.
- Keep a safe distance from people who cough or sneeze.
- Wear a mask if you cannot keep a distance.
- Do not touch the eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze or cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm.
- Stay at home when you feel sick.
Follow the recommendations of your local health authority:
- Consult a doctor if you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- Call the doctor's office before your visit. Your doctor can then direct you to the right place more quickly. This is for your protection and prevents the spread of viruses and other infectious diseases
Status: 07.05.2021, all data without guarantee