Discover Pitztal’s ski resorts and find all information regarding your next winter holiday here!
Overview of Pitztal’s ski resorts
Overview of Pitztal’s ski resorts
Overview Hochzeiger ski resort
Hochzeiger ski resort in Pitztal
The family ski resort in Tyrol
An impressive 360 degree mountain panorama, skiing fun on sun-kissed slopes, absolute snow guarantee and family-friendly offers make a perfect winter holiday at the Hochzeiger family ski resort in Tyrol. In Pitztal at Hochzeiger nine comfortable ski lifts and 40 kilometres of ski runs of all levels of difficulty make everyone's skiing dreams come true. A six kilometre long toboggan run, snow park and Pitzi’s FIS rules trail complete the offer. With the Bambini ski pass children under the age of 10 receive a free lift pass when accompanied by one paying parent.
Those wishing to catch a glimpse behind the scenes are in just the right place at Hochzeiger ski area too: those who are interested can take the passenger seat in a piste basher or go on a technical tour. But this is by no means everything as Hochzeiger ski resort has much more on offer in winter:
An overview of Hochzeiger ski resort:
- NEW: Marlies and Benni Raich exhibition at Zeigerrestaurant – intermediate station
- Access: located directly at the entrance to the valley in Jerzens
- Hochzeiger ski resort altitude: between 1,450 m and 2,450 m
- Guaranteed snow: from the beginning of December to the end of April, extensive area cover with snow cannons
- 90% of all ski runs are over 2,000 m
- Ski lifts: 9 comfortable ski lifts
- Piste kilometres: 40 km in straight lines or 54 drive-able kilometres of all levels of difficulty
- New snow park overlooking the intermediate station for great freeskiing action
- Toboggan run: 6 km natural toboggan run, flood-lit night-tobogganing on Thursdays
(Tobogganing evening only takes place if the tobogganing run is open.
- Self-time race track at Rotmoosbahn, with integrated timing for ambitious winter sports enthusiasts
- Carpe diem: enjoy the most beautiful view of Pitztal’s mountains sheltered from the wind at the so called Relax Points at Hochzeiger ski resort
- Insider tip for an adrenaline rush: the black Zirbenfall ski slope
- Winter hiking: Zirben trail, a circular winter walk at 2,000 metres
Family offers in Pitztal at Hochzeiger:
- Free Bambini ski pass for children under the age of 10 when accompanied by a paying parent
- Pitzi and his friends explain the FIS rules on our ski rules trail
- Hochzeiger backstage: weekly “behind the scenes” guided tours of the ski resort
- Become a piste basher passenger and book our popular piste basher tour
- Snow adventures with our mascots Pitzi & Gratsch at Hochzeiger – Pitztal ski school
Hochzeiger ski resort services:
- Book your ski pass in our online shop before you arrive: register your desired ticket in our system comfortably and quickly from home.
- Free WiFi: surf the net for free at our three hot spots in Hochzeiger ski area.
- Heated ski storage lockers at the valley station for either 2 or 4 guests. For more information please contact the mountain railway ticket office at Hochzeiger ski resort regarding free capacities or send us an email.
- Free ski shuttle bus: ski guests in all of Pitztal’s villages can use the free ski shuttle bus to Hochzeiger ski resort.
Tirol´s Highest Glacier
Skiing on Tirol's Highest Glacier
The fabulous Pitztal Ski Region in Tirol offers superb skiing from September through May - also thanks to absolute snow reliability on the glacier slopes. As the adjacent Rifflsee Ski Area is connected to the Glacier Ski Area you can choose from 40 immaculate slope kilometers covered with natural snow. Varied ski runs on wide open glacier slopes, ranging from easy and intermediate to really difficult, are waiting for you amidst a winter wonderland of awesome natural beauty. Additionally, pristine powder stashes or splendid corn snow slopes promise unlimited fun in the snow and exciting ski holidays in Pitztal's Glacier Ski Area!
The state-of-the-art Wildspitzbahn lift takes you quickly and effortlessly to the top of Hinterer Brunnenkogel (3,440 m ) where you can visit an undisputed highlight: "Café 3440" - the highest of its kind in all Austria! The suspended terrace offers uninterrupted views of the Alpine scenery while the Alpine summits seem to be only a stone's throw away.
Take a closer look at truly varied activities in the Pitztal Glacier Ski Area:
- Skiing fun for all the family
- Snow Park for free-skiers, riders and snowboarders
- Cross Park
- Cross-country skiing
- Ski tours
- Ski lessons
Overview of Rifflsee Ski Area
Welcome to the Rifflsee Family Ski Area
The scenic Rifflsee Ski Area has attractive offers and truly varied ski slopes for all the family. Thanks to its high Alpine location snow is guaranteed throughout the winter season.
Embedded in a magnificent Alpine winter wonderland, winter sport enthusiasts can choose from myriad easy, intermediate or difficult ski runs - all of them are perfectly groomed. When it comes to top-to-bottom skiing you can either ski down to the base station of the Gletscherexpress lift or continue to the base station of Rifflseebahn lift in the village of Mandarfen.
Truly memorable ski holidays and unlimited winter sport pleasures await you at the heart of the marvelous Rifflsee Ski Area in lovely Pitztal.
In the highly family-friendly Rifflsee Ski Area children under 10 years - if accompanied by one parent - ski for free. And on the world's first child-safe chair lift, Sunna Alm Bahn, families can enjoy their skiing day without worrying as the chair lift features special safety elements for the youngest skiers: the chairs are extremely low in the access area so that children can sit down easily, and there is even a special Pitzi Seat for each kid.
The safety bar closes and opens automatically while heated seats ensure a comfortable and safe lift ride.